Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Breakfast Casserole

Things have been busy these last few with school getting started and getting back into Girl Scouts. I find that casseroles make dinner (or any meal really) so much easier.

Ingredients:
1 can biscuits (any type you like)
9oz ground sausage (I used the sausage crumbles)
1/2 lb of ground beef
2 cups cheese (we like ours cheesy)
6 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1pk sausage gravy


In a greased 9x13 pan cut or tear up 1 can of biscuits. It doesn't have to be perfect.


I baked the biscuits for about 10mins at 350. I did not bake them the whole time because I knew I would be putting it back in. During this time brown your ground beef and sausage.


Since I used the sausage crumbles, I did not get a lot of grease. If you do, drain it. Sprinkle the ground beef and sausage mixture over the half baked biscuits.


Sprinkle cheese over top of the mixture. Beat together the 6 eggs and milk and pour over top.


Make the sausage gravy according to the package and pour over top.


Bake in the oven for 30-45min at 350.


It may not be the healthiest breakfast but it is one that will fill you up and hold you over until lunch if not longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment