Friday, August 9, 2013

Reusable Sandwich Bag

Since school is starting up shortly I was trying to figure out a way to cut some costs. I realized I buy a lot of sandwich bags for her sandwiches and snacks. I have a ton of scraps too that I can make them with.

Supplies:
1 piece of fabric 7in by 20in
1 piece of fabric 7in by 14 in
1in piece of Velcro
thread
scissors
sewing machine

First you need to cut your pieces of fabric. One piece needs to be 7in by 20in and the other piece 7in by 14in. They can be same fabric or different. Fold them in half and iron them
 
With the larger piece put right sides together and sew the 2 sides together. Leave the bottom open. Turn it right side out. Making sure that the closed ends are at the top, place the smaller piece on the larger piece. Make sure the bottoms line up with each other. Pin together.
 

 
Sew the 3 sides together. Clip the corners so it is not too bulky. Turn right side out. Place Velcro where you want it to close. I placed mine in the middle. Make sure you line it up so the Velcro keeps it closed. Sew the Velcro on
 
 
All done and ready to use!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment