Friday, August 2, 2013

Rock Trivet

I am always looking for a potholder or a trivet to put a hot dish from the oven on. We never seem to have enough, especially around holiday times when I do a lot of cooking. So I decided to make my own.

Supplies:
1 piece of felt (any color)
small rocks
hot glue gun and sticks
scissors

Optional:
I used a dessert plate to trace the size I wanted.



Create the size trivet you want. You can trace a plate ( I did that) or free hand it. Cut it out. Find the center of your trivet and start hot gluing the rocks there. I found that you need to start with larger rocks in the middle because as you work out towards the edge you will need smaller ones.

Keep working your way out until the you go all the way to the edge.

I thought it would have been flimsy but with all the hot glue it actually is pretty stiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment