Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wizards Wand

My daughter found a black and yellow robe with a hood the other day and it gave me the idea that she could be a girl wizard for Halloween (yes I know its months from now but like any kid she can't decided until the last minute). So I went looking on my trust craft site, Pinterest, to see if I could find something to make a wand. Below is how I made the wand that I found.

Supplies:
1 chopstick
glue gun and sticks
rocks, marbles, pony beads, etc.
paint
paintbrush
water

 
 
The first thing was to attach a rock, marble, pony bead, or whatever you want at the big end of the chopstick. Make sure you use enough hot glue to keep it there.

Start adding hot glue all down the chopstick adding any item you wish. You can't go wrong with the hot glue.

After the hot glue has dried, you can start painting it. I didn't have brown so I just mixed colors until I got a color I liked. I will admit I was a little unsure about painting over cooled hot glue but it worked well.
 
Let it dry and you are all set to go. All in all it was pretty easy to make and everything was already at my house.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment