Saturday, October 5, 2013

Cat Toy

My cats love playing with everything they aren't supposed to. So I decided to make them something.

Supplies:
fabric piece (roughly 11in x 7in)
something for the tail
something to stuff it with

 
First measure out your fabric. I made mine 11in x 7in. You can make yours whatever size you want.
 
 
Next you need something to make a tail with. I crocheted a furry little tail that is about 6in. Half the size of the fabric piece.
 



Fold the piece in half, find the middle, then find the middle again of the now smaller side. Place the part of the tail that you want out on the outside on the right side of the fabric. Example when I folded my piece in half the width is not 3.5in so I placed the tail at about 1.25 in so it would be in the middle.


 
Pin the side together. Make sure you pin the side with the tail. Sew around the piece leaving open the end opposite of the tail. Clip the corners so you have nice points. Turn it right side out. Stuff if with whatever you like. I stuffed mine with plastic bags since my cats enjoy that sound. Fold the open end in and sew it closed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment