Monday, October 14, 2013

Homemade Bubble Soap

My daughter loves bubbles and honestly I don't know if you ever grow out of bubbles. Our kittens loves chasing them too. We had some store bought bubbles and they weren't really all that great. So I started looking for bubbles recipes. Usually bubble recipes use glycerin but I found one that used sugar and it has turned out great!

Supplies:
A jar to hold about 20oz
2 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup dish washing soap

 First add the sugar and water. Since our bottle had a tight lid, I let my daughter shake it to mix it up and dissolve the sugar. Add the liquid dishwashing soap and that's it.
 
 
These bubbles were great. They did bounce a little and didn't pop as easy as typical bubbles. It is best to a smaller bubble wand. We tried using a bubble wand made from a pipe cleaner but the bubble kept popping. That's when we figured out the smaller wand worked best.

No comments:

Post a Comment