Sunday, July 28, 2013

Easy Headband

I found this really cute headband to make on Pinterest (yes I find a lot of stuff on there to make). However, all it showed was picture steps. There wasn't any information for the dimensions, so I made up my own. I roughly measured around my head and my daughters head. Below is everything I did to make a headband.

Supplies:
2 pieces of fabric 3.5in by 21in
2in piece of elastic
iron and ironing board
sewing machine with fabric matching thread
scissors
pins
measuring tape

First, measure out and cut 2 strips of fabric 3.5in wide by 21in long. Iron them so they are nice and flat
 
Putting right sides together, pin down the long side of the fabric. Do this to both fabrics
 
Sew down the long side of the fabric with a 1/4in seam. Do this to both fabrics.

 
Press open the seam and turn fabric right side out. Do this to both fabrics.
 
 
Lay fabrics tubes out forming an X. Seam side up.
 
 
Take the top right and bring it down to the bottom left. Take the top left and bring down to the bottom right.
 
 
 
Make sure that it is even by putting the 2 ends together on each side. Cut a 2in piece of elastic.
 
 
Tuck in each end about a 1/4in so no raw edge shows. Slip the elastic between the ends on each side. Pin it so it wont move.




Sew each end. Trim threads.
 
Tip:
If you don't want to add elastic, add a few more inches to the length

No comments:

Post a Comment