Thursday, July 25, 2013

Regrowing Celery

I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to try it. At first I was skeptical about trying to regrow celery with using the bottom of the celery. I figured that if it was going to work the cut stalks were just going to grow. Well I was wrong.

I started off with cutting off the bottom. Its about 3inch that I cut off. All I did was stick it in a little bit of water.
 
 
I left it on the kitchen counter. Two days later I went to check on it and to my surprise it started growing from the middle.
 
 
 
 
The outer cut pieces of celery have started to dry out but the center of it is still taking in water. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few day.
 
This is a great science experiment to do with your kids at home or if you teach, to do with your class.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment